Oct 12 2012
- Julie A. Nelson (UMass): Are Women Really More Risk-Averse than Men?
- From Biology of Sex Differences, Christopher P Morgan and Tracy L Bale (UPenn): Sex Differences in microRNA Regulation of Gene Expression: No Smoke, Just MiRs; Israel Abramov, James Gordon, Olga Feldman, and Alla Chavarga (CUNY): Sex and Vision I: Spatio-temporal Resolution; and Sex and Vision II: Color Appearance of Monochromatic Lights.
- Neurohormonal wars: Mary Stewart van Leeuwen on old questions and dubious debates in the psychology of gender.
- New research finds men and women feel sympathy for fictional characters for different reasons.
- The eyes have it: Men do see things differently to women.
- Men, who needs them? Women are both necessary and sufficient for reproduction; men are neither.
- Sex matters: Guys recognize cars and women recognize birds best.
- Peter Blair on the end of men: The end of women too?
- From International Viewpoint, Josette Trat on the question of sexual difference and Jane Kelly on postmodernism and feminism.
- Nigel Warburton interviews Paul Seabright, author of The War of the Sexes: How Conflict and Cooperation Have Shaped Men and Women from Prehistory to the Present (and more).