Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shawn Phillips - “What’s the difference between a man and a boy?”

Great article from Shawn Phillips. If you're not reading Start Strong Monday, you should be. This is a plug for a his nutrition drink, which I'm guessing is quite good (his brother is Bill Phillips, founder of EAS), but be that as it may, still some good points here.

“What’s the difference between a man and a boy?”

Mon, Mar 2, 2009

This question almost knocked me out of my chair one day recently when I was in a meeting with a top-shelf marketing agency explaining why Full Strength is the perfect nutrition solution for the High-Performing man.
boystomen
“I’d been very deliberate about creating this performance-food for men,” I shared.

And when I explained that most supplement companies go after boys, they couldn’t see the difference. They fell prey to the simple, “Men are older than boys…right?,” was the response.

“I don’t think this could be more wrong. Sure, age is part of the equation but let’s be clear, not every boy becomes a man. There’s no assurance there,” I said.

That’s when I stood up, and scribbled this table out on the white board. And that was the end of questions. The difference was crystal clear. I am certain you will agree.

BOYS MEN
GADGETS TOOLS
UNPREDICTABLE DEPENDABLE
CONSUME PRODUCE
TAKE GIVE
SEEK POWER CULTIVATE STRENGTH
HIDE FEAR HAVE CONFIDENCE
THINGS ASSETS
MORE MUSCLE MORE VITALITY
AVOID EMBRACE
LUST LOVE
TRY DO!
GLORIFY EFFORT CELEBRATE RESULTS
DO THINGS TO… GET THINGS DONE
SEEK PRAISE GIVE PRAISE


hr_line

The Terrain of Men
Spend some time with marketing agencies and leading brands in this country and you’ll see that most everything is marketed to boys—very little is for men (even though it may say so). Hence, their cloud of confusion.

Once you see the difference between men and boys with this clarity things change. Now you can separate the men from the boys, to reach those who will most benefit from my premium nutrition shake.

This is important for, as anyone can see from the box, it’s men that I built my Full Strength for.

Sure, it’s an amazing nutrition for men (and wanna be men) of all ages but Full Strength is as much about a way of approaching life—a lifestyle of Strength and Performance—as it is about integrated nutrition. And I know from experience that it’s the men who have the greatest demands in life that feel the most astounding benefits.

Let’s face it, it takes some life experience before you can truly appreciate some of the finer things in life. When I was 22 I didn’t care much for a great French Bordeaux, nor a fine pair of shoes, a custom tailored suit, a massage or even a nice leather interior on my car. It was more about fast cars and functional things.

My, how things can change. If you find yourself identifying with the column on the right, you might give Full Strength Chances are good it’s going to be a nice fit and a great addition to your strength…Now and for life. a try.

It’s really darn easy. You get shipping and I’ll send you two free samples to try. Of course, a “real” man would go for the real test-drive with the 2-Weeks to Full Strength experience. Hey, either way; your call.

Here’s to the Full Strength Man.

Until Next Week…

Stay Strong,

Shawn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bill - I wanted to let you know that I think this is a great blog with a lot of useful stuff…thanks for sharing… I think your are becoming the new HYPERLINKER …