- From Reconstruction, a special issue on politicized (re)productions of gender.
- In a world where men and masculinity are valued above women and femininity and the voice of god sounds like a man, can there be any sense of justice?
- I’m not a feminist but: These American teens look up to their strong mothers and believe in equal rights — so why won’t they use the F-word?
- Noah Berlatsky on what Joss Whedon gets wrong about the word “feminist”.
- From New Left Project, it is perhaps one of the most used terms in feminist discourse, but the concept of patriarchy has a history that we need to address; and pornography, patriarchy and liberalism: Bob Brecher on re-reading Andrea Dworkin.
- From New York, what does manhood mean in 2013? Ann Friedman investigates.
- The Masculine Mystique: For the past decade, the Men's Rights Movement has been gaining traction on the Internet — and growing ever more radical in its attacks on feminists.
- A good men’s rights movement is hard to find: Jaclyn Friedman on how the rise of men's rights activists is hurting women — and men.
- In response to the rampant misogyny of the Internet, feminists are putting "misandry" on shirts, hats and jewelry.
- How Jezebel smashes the patriarchy, click by click: An interview with the website's founder, Anna Holmes, on Photoshopped models, encyclopedic thinking, and why she couldn't care less about male readers (and more and more).
- Lisa Wade on power, Mickey Mouse, and the infantilization of women.
- A look at the 20 worst gender-specific products possible.
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Omnivore Linkage - Gender, Patriarchy, and MRAs
Here is a new collection of links from Bookforum's Omnivore blog, this one dealing with gender issues, patriarchy, men's rights activists, feminism, and other interesting topics.