Saturday, January 23, 2010

Spencer Pratt not in favor of Heidi Montag’s transformation

In general, Spencer Pratt is a tool - famous for no reason I can think of (a TV series on Mtv, I think, but who the hell watches Mtv?). I think I remember that he was on some reality show and left after a couple of days . . . then asking to go back. Maybe his wife Heidi was part of that, too.

Anyway, his wife has gone off the deep end with multiple cosmetic surgeries on the same day. She was a very attractive young woman before the surgeries, now she looks like a Hollywood bimbo - nondescript, bland. Here is the comparison.

http://snagwiremedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/heidi-montag-before-and-after.jpg
Before and After

When I heard about her surgeries, I thought he was probably behind it, especially the quest for mammoth boobs (I heard she wants DDD size implants or some crazy thing, and she has already implants that are freaking huge).

Happily I was wrong - he was actually trying to talk her out of much of the work - and good for him. Too many guys are way too cool with their partners risking their health and future on silly - and in this case, insane - cosmetic surgeries.

Here is the story from People:
He may not have the best track record, but Spencer Pratt has stood by wife Heidi Montag in her decision to undergo 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day. But for the record: He wasn't in favor of her total transformation.

For the past three years, while Montag has obsessed about her imperfections and eagerly planned her November surgery, Pratt was there to voice his very different opinion on things.

"Anytime I hinted that it might be a little much or if I just asked if she was sure, I even felt like I was crossing lines," he told PEOPLE. "I'm not in charge of what she does with any part of her body. I'm her husband — not her owner."

To Pratt, his wife of a year was perfect to begin with. "But everyone sees themselves differently when they look in the mirror," he says. "Nobody truly understands how she feels except her. I may not be okay with things, but it's not my call." Throughout the lengthy procedure and seven-week-plus recovery, Pratt, 26, played nurse – monitoring Montag, 23, and her health day and night. But the hardest part of all was seeing his wife post-surgery.

"Right after … it was the worst experience of my life," Pratt said. "Nobody that loves a loved one should see that."

And despite his difference of opinion on her having the surgery, Montag appreciates his honesty. "At the end of the day we do share a same opinion: It's my body and I need to feel comfortable as a woman, as a person, and my inner beauty is always there and that's what's most important," she says.

"His support has really been a lot and made such a difference. I couldn't ask for more."
Pratt appears to lover her very much, enough to support her decision when he does not agree with it, but not enough to stop her.

Maybe that is an unfair judgment, but in my mind he should have sought every means possible to stop her. But that's just me - I do not favor cosmetic surgery in most situations, and especially when there seems to be some serious body dysmorphic disorder involved.


No comments: