- From Scholar and Feminist Online, a special issue on Gender, Justice, and Neoliberal Transformations.
- Marcia Anne Yablon-Zug (South Carolina): Mail Order Feminism.
- John M. Kang (St. Thomas): Does Manly Courage Exist?
- Anca Gheaus (Sheffield): Three Cheers for the Token Woman.
- Richard L. Fox (Loyola Marymount) and Jennifer L. Lawless (American): Uncovering the Origins of the Gender Gap in Political Ambition.
- Beth A. Burkstrand-Reid (Nebraska): From Sex for Pleasure to Sex for Parenthood: How the Law Manufactures Mothers.
- From Buzzfeed, is now-departed founder of the Good Men Project Thomas Matlack bad for good men?
- Losing it: Mikael Bingham on women with short hair.
- Debora L. Spar on where feminism went wrong: Has feminism raised the bar so high that women are condemned to fall below it?
- William Murchison reviews Deadly Consequences: How Cowards are Pushing Women into Combat by Robert L. Maginnis.
- Scott Melzer on ritual violence in a two-car garage: What attracts some suburban professionals, dads, and husbands to a fight club?
- Hanna Rosin on why feminists won’t accept that things are looking up for women (and more).
- From The Baffler, Susan Faludi on Facebook feminism, like it or not. Of sex and procreation in prehistory: An excerpt from The Masculine Civilization by Rene Hirsch.
- From TNR, Alice Robb on how National Review wages a lonely war on the "War on Women"; and have professional women created a worse world for their working class peers? Nora Caplan-Bricker investigates.
Saturday, October 5, 2013
Omnivore - Gender Gap
Here is another cool collection of links from Bookforum's Omnivore blog - this one centered on all things gender-related. I highly recommend the Buzzfeed piece on the resignation of Tom Matlock from the Good Men Project (he remains the primary investor and shareholder, but nothing else), an event that somehow slipped beneath my radar when it happened.