XY: Men, Masculinities and Gender Politics has posted a collection of course outlines and assorted materials from university classes in men and masculinities studies. There are some useful resources and ideas for further reading. Be sure to also check out the link to other resources (unfortunately, the articles are not linked to and many will require a university library for access).
Courses and subjects whose contents are available below are as follows:
See below for the collection. For academic discussions of scholarship on men, masculinities, and gender, see the references listed here.
- Men and Masculinities (SOC350) (Michael Flood, University of Wollongong, 2011)
- Special Topics: Masculinities (Mike Murphy, University of Illinois, 2011)
- Global Masculinities (Mike Murphy, Washington University in St. Louis—University College, 2006)
- Cultures of Masculinity (Anna Hickey-Moody, University of Sydney, 2010)
- Sociology of Masculinities and Manhood (Sharon Bird, Iowa State University, 2005)
- Sociology of Men and Masculinity (Stephen Kulis, Arizona State University, 2001)
- Contested Masculinities (Amanda Udis-Kessler, Grinnell College, 2002)
- Critical Approaches to Masculinities (Scott Kiesling, University of Pittsburgh, 2004)
- Men and Gender Politics (Tristan Bridges)
Attachment Size SOC350 Subject Outline 2011.pdf 375.89 KB Bird, Sociology of Masculinities 05.pdf 271.29 KB Cultures of Masculinity - USyd 2010.pdf 764.11 KB Global Masculinities - Murphy, Fall 06.pdf 245.42 KB Kiesling, Mascul syllabus 2004.pdf 146.7 KB Kulis, Sociology of Men and Masculinity 01.pdf 132.31 KB Murphy, Syll-Masc (Spg 11).pdf 141.14 KB Udis-Kessler, Soc 295-01 Contested Masculinities.pdf 135.83 KB