On this week's episode of Critic Proof on Bloggingheads.tv, Alyssa Rosenberg (who blogs at Think Progress and The XX Factor for The Atlantic) speaks with Marc Tracy (blogs at Jewish Jocks and The New Republic) about his recent article, Here Comes the Daddy Wars.
Alyssa Rosenberg (Think Progress, The Atlantic, The XX Factor) and Marc Tracy (The New Republic, Jewish Jocks)
On Critic Proof, Alyssa asks Marc about his recent article on the looming "Daddy Wars." Why aren't men having the same conversation as women about having it all? They explore how sitcoms portray fatherhood, and focus in particular on the tragedy of 30 Rock's Jack Donaghy. In the wake of James Gandolfini's recent death, they discuss the complex depiction of fatherhood on The Sopranos. Finally, they consider Don Draper's parenting skills in the just-concluded sixth season of Mad Men. (contains spoilers)
Recorded: Jun 27 Posted: Jun 28, 2013
Download: wmv | mp4 | mp3 | fast mp3
- Marc's article on the Daddy Wars in TNR
- Anne-Marie Slaughter's blockbuster Atlantic piece on "having it all"
- The Daddy Wars Tumblr
- Marc's remembrance of James Gandolfini
- Alyssa on Gandolfini's non-Sopranos work
- Alyssa on Gandolfini and antiheroes
- Alyssa on the Mad Men finale and the tragedy of Pete Campbell