Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Other Masculine Heart

It has come to my attention that there is another site operating as The Masculine Heart - that is not my site, I do not know the person who runs it, and I do not in any way endorse it. I'm not above offering a link, so if you feel compelled to go have a look, here ya go.

The other site is about dating or something - some kind of coaching service run by someone named Ange Fonce. He promises:
THE MASCULINE HEART is changing the way Men view Sex, Dating and Relationships. Most importantly, it's showing Men how to "Reclaim their Masculine Power. To become a Superior Successful Men and Lover in their Lives. And to design a life that excites YOU completely, not just from a financial standpoint!
I realize he is from the UK, but if he is trying to portray himself as competent in any way he might consider editing the page that represents his services to the world.

Here is the self-statement from Mr. Fonce:
[33475_105254719537639_100001593347994_41925_2056987_n.jpg]
ANGE FONCE
Portsmouth, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Ange is an Dynamic Life Consultant and Love Mentor, International writer. Speaker, lecturer, and Peak Performance Life Coach/ Therapist. Travelling extensively throughout the UK, Ange addresses critical issues affecting individuals' social development. Ange combines his education in Counselling with training in Peak Performance coaching and psychology, focusing in the area of personal growth and achievement. The central theme of his message is the transformation of followers into leaders and the maximization of individual potential. He is the founder of CLEAR DREAMS. Educating people from his own experiences and learnings of what is humanly possible, Ange empowers and inspires people to take action and realize their goals, thus enabling his clients and students to become 'leaders of self'. Ange also works as an active Dating Coach teaching both Men and Women the Art and skill of Dating and Seduction. He also works with both individuals and couples teaching them Advance Sexual techniques and skills. and the movement of Love energy!
Good for him - I'm sure some guys want and need that kind of coaching. And I hope it works for them.

I also hope he is paying royalties to David Deida, who has been preaching the same stuff Mr. Fonce is preaching for many more years - using essentially the same terms and phrases. Does any of this sound familiar?

"THE MASCULINE HEART is for a specific kind of newly evolving man. This man is unabashedly MASCULINE-He is purposeful, Confident and directed, living His chosen way of life with deep integrety and humour - and he is sensitive, spontaneous and spiritual alive, with a heart - commitment to discovering and living His deepest "Truth."

This kind of Man is totally turned on by the Feminine. He loves to take women sexually, to ravish her, but not in some old style macho fashion.

Rather, he wants to ravish her so much love she is vanished, they both vanish, in the fullness of "Loving" itself. He is dedicated to in-carnating Love on this Earth, through his "mission" and his "sexuality," and he does so as a "FREE" Man, bound neither by outer convention nor inner cowardice.

This newly evolving Man is not a scared bully, posturing like some King Kong in charge of the Universe. Nor is he a new - age wimp, all spineless and smiley, and starry eyed. He has embraced his Inner Masculine Core with balanced feminine energy, and he no longer holds on to either of them. He does not need to be right or wrong. Good or bad. Nor does he need to be always safe, co-operative, and sharing, like an androgynous "Mr Nice Guy."

He simply lives from his deepest core, fearlessly giving his gifts, feeling through the fleeting moment into the openness of existance, totally committed to magnifying Love by being "HIS TRUTH!"

Ange Fonce

I'm not interested in helping men learn how to seduce women (or men, if that is their desire) - and while learning some advanced sex techniques is fun for everyone, it works a hell of a lot better in long-term, committed relationships.

The other thing that bothers me about his site is all the rules for how to be a masculine man (and, just saying, when it comes to "traditional" ideals of masculinity, his picture is right up there with the picture of Robert Bly on the dust jacket of Iron John) - we have been handed enough of this shit over the years, we don't need more silly rules.

I would rather help men learn how to be emotionally healthy, to develop an internal "locus of control," and to reframe shaming experiences through narrative revisioning of their lives.

To each, their own - I just wish Mr. Fonce wasn't using the name of my blog.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

WH..........I am indeed flatted that You have taken the time and effort to write an "article" about Me. However I must point out something WH in Your opening paragraph.

There is no mention of a "Promise" but quiet clearly a "Statement!"

Now I understand being a writer Myself, that there is "Artistic Licence."

However as I actually wrote the statement Myself. I do not recall using the word "Promise" in My blogs opening statement.

And lets be Truthful here WH. You have been very "selective" in what has been written and portrayed by your good self about Me WH.

But again that is a writers prerogative WH and I total value the "Freedom of Speech" and self- expression.

And just because I possess a fine collection of hats and like to dress well and take care of Myself.

And I quote.....

" (and, just saying, when it comes to "traditional" ideals of masculinity, his picture is right up there with the picture of Robert Bly on the dust jacket of Iron John) - we have been handed enough of this shit over the years, we don't need more silly rules."

That is somewhat "Stereo Typing" and I am surprised WH as You are a man who is Intelligent and do write
very good articles Yourself.

Which I do read and find informative and very well written.

However I choose not to engage in putting down other peoples work. I much prefer a "Win-Win" approach in My work and those I engage with.

May I "thank you" again WH for taken the time and effort to write an article about Me.

It is Greatly appreciated. And may I also ask your permission WH to reproduce your article, un-edited in any way and credit given to You. On My own blog sites, website and Facebook.

With links to your own site WH

Thank you WH, I await Your reply.

Yours Sincerely

AF